Events and Happenings
- Great Plains Growers Conference: 01/08/2015 - 01/10/2015, St. Joseph, MO
- 3rd National Grafting Symposium: Growing New Roots for the U.S. Vegetable Industry: 01/08/2015 - 01/11/2015, Savannah, GA
- Southern SAWG’s Practical Tools and Solutions for Sustaining Family Farms conference: 01/14/2015 - 01/17/2015, Mobile, Alabama
- Ohio State University Greenhouse Management Pest Control Workshop: 01/22/2015 - 01/23/2015, Wooster, OH
- Missouri Organic Association Annual Conference: 02/05/2015 - 02/07/2015, Springfield, MO
Do you know of any conferences or seminars featuring High Tunnels? Send us an email and we'll add it to the event calendar.
Join the [hightunnels] listserv:
Subscribe to the HT.org feed
Welcome to HighTunnels.org
High tunnels, or hoophouses, are unheated greenhouses that can help commercial farmers extend their growing season so that they can improve the profitability and productivity of their farms.
High tunnels are also an integral part of local food production systems in many parts of the United States. They aid fruit and vegetable crop production by extending the cropping season, providing protection from the elements (wind, storms, heat, etc.), and result in a more-stable production system that poses less risk of crop failure.
High tunnels come in many different shapes, sizes, and structures. Many 4-season tunnels are as small as 1000 sq ft for, and 3-season tunnels (plastic is removed during winter) can span ranges up to 20+ acres.
This website provides information and links to relevant sites around the world, so that growers and educators have a one-stop source where they can find information on all aspects of high tunnel construction and use.